Saturday, July 28 in Manchester, Vt., The Susan G. Komen Race for The Cure is happening at Hildene Meadows. This event benefits research to find a cure for breast cancer. There is a 5K coed run, 5K walk, and a fun run for kids. If you’ve never been, I highly recommend it. There are bunch of great vendors on hand, activities for the kids, and usually some pretty cool free swag that is being given away. If you don’t feel your ready for the run, then do the walk and take in the beautiful scenery that surrounds Manchester. Or, become a volunteer—it is the volunteers that make events like this possible! For more information check out the event’s website. (Vermont Sports will be there with a table and great giveaways!)
When your done running or walking and ready to leave you’ll still have a lot of daylight left so why not take advantage of some the great activities that are available in the area:
- Take a tour Robert Todd Lincoln’s Home at Hildene.
- Hike Bromley Mountain or go check out their new Aerial adventure Park, ride the Alpine slide, or play a round of mini-golf and then grab a bite to eat on the deck.
- Head 5 miles south to the Battenkill Canoe outfitters to rent a canoe and paddle down the Battenkill.
- Equinox Mountain and the preserve are a hop, skip, and jump from Hildene. If you don’t have the legs to climb the mountain take a walk around the pond or some of the easier trails. Maps are available at the trail head kiosk.
- Bring your bike and head up to the Battenkill Bike Shop where they will give you maps for some scenic rides of the area to fit your ability.
I hope to see you all there! Remember this a great event for a great cause!
Now get out there!