Welcome to the VT Sports calendar of regional outdoor events.
If you would like to have your event featured in our print and online calendars Submit Here.
Join ORO and East Coast Avalanche Education for Avalanche Level 1, February 6-9, 2020.
- Level 1 is a 24-hour class with at least 60% field time. Students can expect to learn the following:
- How to interpret the avalanche forecast and how to develop an appropriate travel plan based on current conditions.
- How to travel in the backcountry while observing key red-flag signs and being able to identify avalanche-prone terrain.
- How to use appropriate snowpack tests, and where and why avalanches occur.
- Risk management tools for identifying problems associated with human factors.
- How to confidently conduct a companion rescue.
- Thursday, Feb 6 & Friday, Feb 7: 6pm-9pm classroom sessions at ORO
- Saturday, Feb 8 & Sunday, Feb 9: 8am-5pm in Smugglers’ Notch
- Backcountry skis, poles, skins, or snowshoes are available to rent through ORO.
- Cost $450.00
- For all communications and registration, contact [email protected]
|Please see event website for details.|
|Discover the original extreme sport. Celebrating 98 years, Harris Hill welcomes an international field of competitors for two days of ski jumping competition on New England’s only Olympic-size 90-meter hill. Come thrill to the daring flight of jumpers soaring to 300 feet at speeds of up to 60 miles per hour. Enjoy the festive atmosphere; fun for the whole family; music; food court; souvenirs; bonfire; beer tent. Ring your cow bells as jumpers attempt to break the new hill record of 341 feet.|
FROM THE TOP TO THE TOWN, STOWE DERBY SET FOR FEBRUARY 23, 2020
Ski & Fat Bike Race from Summit of Mt. Mansfield to Village Marks 75th Anniversary
Attracting professional skiers, adventurous newcomers, and families alike.
Known as much for good-spirited camaraderie and entertaining costumes as it is for its thrilling terrain, this year’s long course will follow tradition with a start at the top of Mansfield’s Toll Road and the finish 20 km later in town. Kids Course too!
Après Ski Party to kick off the 10th Annual Hope On The Slopes at Jay Peak Resort.
Join us for LIVE Music, Giveaways, early check-in, registration for last minute team members or individuals, turn in fundraising dollars, and a SNOCRU app tutorial to track your vertical feet for the main event on Sunday, March 1st.
|Hope on the Slopes is a one of a kind experience for individuals & teams to enjoy indoor & outdoor fun. All age & ability levels are welcome. Buffet dinner, live music, awards ceremony & more included with registration! FUNdraise $100+ & receive a FREE 3/1/2020 JPR lift pass. This event brings the community together to remember loved ones lost, honor survivors of all cancers, & raise money to help the American Cancer Society attack cancer from every angle with lifesaving cancer research, free services and programs|