Add to Calendar
Join ORO and East Coast Avalanche Education for Avalanche Level 1, February 6-9, 2020.
- Level 1 is a 24-hour class with at least 60% field time. Students can expect to learn the following:
- How to interpret the avalanche forecast and how to develop an appropriate travel plan based on current conditions.
- How to travel in the backcountry while observing key red-flag signs and being able to identify avalanche-prone terrain.
- How to use appropriate snowpack tests, and where and why avalanches occur.
- Risk management tools for identifying problems associated with human factors.
- How to confidently conduct a companion rescue.
- Thursday, Feb 6 & Friday, Feb 7: 6pm-9pm classroom sessions at ORO
- Saturday, Feb 8 & Sunday, Feb 9: 8am-5pm in Smugglers’ Notch
- Backcountry skis, poles, skins, or snowshoes are available to rent through ORO.
- Cost $450.00
- For all communications and registration, contact [email protected]