East Burke, VT – Q Burke Mountain Resort announced that a mutual agreement has been reached with Kingdom Trails Association regarding the operation of the Q Burke Mountain Bike Park, and the cross-country bike trails that lie on Q Burke Mountain Resort property.
The agreement allows for Q Burke Mountain Resort to maintain and operate the trails within the Bike Park, while Kingdom Trails Association will continue to maintain the cross-country trails on Q Burke Mountain Resort property under their standard landowner agreement. Kingdom Trails members will have access to the cross-country trails seven days a week and the bike park trails during non-operating hours, free of charge. In recognition of Kingdom Trails’s efforts towards winning the Bell Helmets Grant that allowed for the construction of Roly Grail, Q Burke Mountain Resort has made a monetary donation to Kingdom Trails to go towards the construction of a new trail within the KTA network.
“We’re happy to have this agreement in place so we can all move forward positively and continue to
help build the mountain biking community in East Burke” said Tim Tierney, Executive Director of
Kingdom Trails. “We are very satisfied with the availability of these trails to our users and are
optimistic that the Bike Park will continue to be developed and improved.”
Q Burke Mountain Resort President and CEO Ary Quiros Jr. added:
“I am excited to move forward and to complement the Kingdom Trails offering. We are really looking forward to working together to
continue to make this area an incredible place for mountain bikers and their families.”
Pertinent information for guests and members of Kingdom Trails and for guests and passholders of Q
Burke Mountain Bike Park includes:
- The cross-country trails, including Burnham Down, Trillium, Magill Fields and Moose Alley will be maintained by Kingdom Trails and will require a Kingdom Trails pass or membership.
- The following trails will be accessible, free of charge, seven days a week: Shire, Camptown, Parr’s Yard, CCC Road, Blacksmith, Dead Moose Abuse and Dead Moose Alley.
- The following trails, as part of the Q Burke Mountain Bike Park, will be maintained and operated by Q Burke Mountain Resort and will require a Q Burke Mountain Bike Park day pass or season pass during park operating hours (Fri. 3pm – 7pm, Sat. 10am – 6pm, Sun. 11am – 6pm): DH, Freeride, Upper J-Bar, J-Bar, Drawbridge, Enchanted Forest, Black Forest, Jester, Knightslayer and Roly Grail. The public may access these trails Monday – Thursday at their own risk, free of charge by signing a Liability Waiver. New for this season, shuttle access to the summit trails including DH, Freeride and Upper J-Bar will be included with the purchase of a Q Burke Mountain Bike Park season pass. Those purchasing day passes may upgrade to include shuttle access for $5 per ride or $15 per day.
- Q Burke Mountain Resort also contributed $4,000 towards the production of new trail maps and donated 1,000 toll road access vouchers to Kingdom Trails Association for use by their membership and guests.
- Toll Road access will be free for any non-motorized method of transportation. Motorized vehicles (cars, trucks, motorcycles) will be charged $5 per vehicle. Shuttle service will be available.
For more information about the Q Burke Mountain Bike Park, visit www.SkiBurke.com.
For more information regarding Kingdom Trails Association, please visit www.KingdomTrails.org.