Published on December 31st, 2012 |
by Sky Barsch
Most Read Stories of 2012
In February, we debuted the winners of our Black Diamond of Excellence Awards.
Looking back on 2012, Vermont Sports’ writers and photographers had a busy year finding the best ways to enjoy Vermont’s outdoors. We covered road cycling to snow mountain biking, locally made snowboards to products from around the world that showcased at Outdoor Retailer, and recently reformed couch potatoes to Olympic athletes.
Our most popular web content this year, drawn from the magazine pages as well as our blog, Get Out, is as follows.
10. The Land of Plenty | ‘Backcountry Skiing’ in the Northeast Kingdom Is What You Make It
9. Carl Lovejoy | Reader Athlete, January 2012
8. Board and Bred | Empyreal and PowderJets Bring Snowboard Manufacturing Back Home
7. Bolton’s Big Deal | The Heat Is On To Save Bolton’s Backcountry
6. 6 Reasons to Get a Proper Bike Fitting
5. One Tough Mudder | Why Do More than 12,000 People Risk Hypothermia and Exhaustion? Could Be the Free Beer
4. Skinning Dipping | Resorts Respond to the Growing Interest in Uphill Travel
3. The Best Mountain Biking Season Ever
2. 2012 Black Diamond of Excellence Award Winners
1. Pump House at Jay Peak: Kind of Can’t Believe This Exists